S-Weld Clean utilises innovative Australian technology for the formulation of a high adhesion stainless steel pickling gel. It is used to remove the black oxide scale burn marks and heat tint caused during welding on the stainless steel. S-Weld Clean leaves a clean professional finished look on the stainless-steel weld area. It is suitable for use on stainless steels, duplex steel and Inconel alloys.
Directions For Use
Directions For Use
1. Clean the weld area carefully using a stainless-steel brush.
2. Roll or shake the drum of S-Weld Clean, for 30 seconds prior to opening the container to ensure a smooth consistency, especially if the product has not been used for a long time.
3. After welding, ensure the area to be pickled has sufficient time to cool below 40°C.
4. Apply the S-Weld Clean gel to the area to be pickled with the brush provided.
DO NOT PICKLE IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT
5. Application times may vary depending on ambient temperatures, the grade of stainless steel, surface finish or the method of welding. On a hot rolled surface, the pickling time may increase by 50%. MIG welds may require longer pickling times than those obtained using covered electrodes. Allow the pickling gel or solution sufficient time to react with the surface. With high ambient temperatures or when longer pickling times are required, it may be necessary to repeat the process. Do not allow the pickling agent to dry on the surface. Should the product dry on the surface wash down, dry and repeat the process.
DO NOT OVER PICKLE – The best results are obtained by continuous visual inspection of the surface: Refer to TDS for pickling times.
6. To clean and rinse the surface use clean potable water. To get the best results, use a high-pressure water jet or similar. Ensure the pickle residues are not left on the surface. If the surface to be cleaned is in an environmentally sensitive area the bucket and rag method can be employed. Bucket and rag method – use a bucket of clean potable water. Wash and wipe the surface down with a wet clean rag, then with a dry clean rag. Repeat the process to ensure the surface is clean and free from acids.
pH (as supplied): < 1.0
Appearance & Colour: Opaque, white acidic gel, pungent acidic odour