Aviation Products // Line Maintenance & Exterior Cleaning
- Environment-friendly paint stripper with lower risks for environment, health, and safety
- Made with biodegradable, low odour, low VOC non-aromatic solvents
- Does not contain methylene chloride, NMP, phenols, amines, nitrites, acids or chromates
- Thixotropic - clings to vertical, inclined, and overhead surfaces
- Slow evaporation and effective paint stripping. Saves on labour time and costs
Callington CH9004 is a low odour, non-volatile, hydrogen-peroxide activated, environmentally friendly thixotropic paint stripper that effectively strips typical aircraft paint/primer systems like polyurethane, epoxies, epoxy primers etc.
- Remove all oil and dirt with Callington’s CH087 Exterior Aircraft Cleaner, or equivalent, before stripping. The surfaces must be clean and completely dry before treating with a stripper.
- Optimum results are achieved if hangar temperature is at or above 25⁰C.
- Before applying the stripper, cover any sensitive areas that may be damaged by CH9004 like electronics, magnesium or plastics.
- Spray or brush CH9004 onto surface to be stripped.
- Spray Application: Spray an even, medium coat of CH 9004, starting from the bottom of the aircraft and working upward. Approx. 1L/m2 of CH9004 will be used for efficient stripping.
- Keep the surface wet with CH9004 until the paint starts to buckle.
- Allow for sufficient contact time (2-9 hours) or more depending on the ambient temperature, paint system and thickness of paint to be stripped. Reapply CH 9004 paint stripper as required.
- When the paint is starting to lift, agitate the surface area to remove any loose paint.
- When all paint is lifted, agitate the surface to remove the loosened paint and any residual stripper.
- For optimal results apply an alkaline cleaning solution (CH087, CH511c or CH8100) to effectively remove any contaminants or paint stripper residual.
- After finishing the stripping process, collect stripper and paint residue into clean plastic waste bins for disposal as solid waste according to local trade waste regulations.
- Finally, rinse the surface with high pressure water.
Callington CH9004 meets the corrosivity requirements of BSS 7432 and SAE MA 4872 A except magnesium.
|Appearance:||Dark Pink smooth paste|
|Specific Gravity gms/ml at 20oC:||Approx. 1.05|
|Flash Point (deg C) PMCC:||> 80; non-flammable|
|Solubility in Water:||Miscible in water|
|pH:||6.5 ± 1.0|
|Shelf Life:||12-14 months in temperatures of maximum 22oC|